SL is committed to a drug free workplace. All job applicants and employees are subject to drug testing.
SL is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.
We offer comprehensive health and benefits programs including:
- Medical – We provide competitive health care programs that are ACA compliant. We have several plans to choose from which feature benefits including, but not limited to, preventative care, physician services and prescription drug services.
- Dental – Benefits include preventative, basic and major procedures
- Vision – Provides basic eye exam and eyewear benefits
- Flex Spending Account (FSA) – Elect before-tax contributions to pay for eligible health care and/or dependent care expenses
- Short Term Disability – Provided at no cost to the employee
- Group Life Insurance – Provided at no cost to the employee
- 401k – Employees are eligible the first of the month after 90 days of employment during the quarterly open enrollment period.
- Voluntary Benefits – Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays – We offer 9 paid holidays for full time employees who have completed their 90 day introductory period
Our employees are SL’s driving force and most valuable resource. Whether suggestion improvements on the assembly line or volunteering in the community, our employees are committed to creating value to our customers and society. We encourage employee involvement in our operations and we provide consistent employee recognition and rewards for their participation.
Our company consistently goes above and beyond regulatory requirements, investing time and resources in local communities. At SL, employees work together as a team both on the job and with society. Whether it is sponsoring local School Activities, Local Food Banks or various charitable organizations, SL believes in being a strong community member.
SL puts a premium on protecting the environment in our business practices in North America. As a manufacturer, we genuinely feel it is our responsibility to make products while consuming fewer precious resources, less energy, and reducing hazardous emissions.
Our facilities are equipped with state of the art lighting and control systems along with generous use of natural lighting. Ceiling ducts draw wasted heat from manufacturing operations at SL Tennessee and transport it to cooler areas of the plant. The reclaimed heat reduces natural gas consumption and CO2 emissions by thousands pounds per year.