Assembly Group Leader
Location: Metro Detroit
Report To: Assembly Assistant Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
Support Production to achieve production requirements, promote compliance with quality standards and operational procedures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility is to assist Production Supervisor in daily production activities.
- Lead line leaders to meet daily production goals.
- Assist Production Supervisor in leading Line Leaders to review previous day issues with operators.
- Verify training level of operators, and assist coordinating training of operators.
- Monitor production on assigned lines, report any maintenance or quality related issues to Assistant Manager/Supervisor.
- Participate in problem solving teams
- Complete assigned paperwork for daily production reporting.
- Ensure operator compliance with 5S, standard work, safety and quality standards and procedures.
- Perform duties as stated on Group Leader Activities check sheet.
- Assist Supervisors to review defects and rejects on lines during production.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provide support and training to Line Leads in their operations
- Insure the supply of material for the area and provide support and training to Material Handlers in their operations.
- Assist in start-up of the line
- Insure compliance with the quality requirements and criteria, escalate according to posted escalation process
- Insure compliance of the area’s procedures
- Compliance with the quality and environment standards procedures and instructions (those applicable)
- Fulfill the requirements of the production schedule
- Provide feedback to the next shift
- Assist the supervisor by performing the required activities in his absence
- All those activities generated as a result of changes, requirements and/or improvement in the process of the applicable area
1. Minimum 1 year in position automotive component manufacturing
1. High School education or equivalent required.
2. Good oral and written communication skills
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Quality and environmental systems
- Handling of chemical substances and hazardous residues
- Knowledge about Lean Manufacturing and its tools
- Waste Identification
- Emergency program
- Problem solving techniques
- Training in the work area
- Internal work regulations
- Quality and environmental procedures and instructions of assigned area
- Continuous improvement programs
- Participate in Kaizen and other improvement activities