Assistant Molding Manager
Department: Lighting Molding
Location: Clinton, TN
Report To: Assembly and Molding Production Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
- Monitor and control daily molding production and quality of a 3 shift operation.
- Ensure schedules mold changes completed safely and on time.
- Manage 2-4 supervisor direct reports.
- Facilitate continuous improvement on shop floor.
- Monitors OEE metrics, make improvement plans as needed
- Coordinate resources/staffing to meet production schedules.
- Responsible for continuous improvements and establishing standard work for all shifts.
- Responsible for employee skill development using OTJ and standardized training.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing SMED.
- Responsible for establishing processes that minimizes scrap and reduces cost.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor daily production: Schedules daily molding production. Monitor work in process (W.I.P) inventory and schedules molding components to maintain .5 day bank of parts by following molding schedule.
- Assembly line concerns: Address lighting line molding issues/assembly concerns. Ensures there are zero outages for molded components. Goal is zero molded defects to reach assembly.
- Monitor performance: Control scrap, maintain utilization efficiency. Adhere to procedures and schedules. Understands basic mold processing and controls of mold machines as to assist Mold Technicians in trouble shooting problems.
- Production report: Report daily production and scrap (efficiency, utilization of equipment). Ensures continuous improvement methods and actions are in place. Responsible for molding OEE reporting and actions.
- Reporting: escalate effectively with management team. Management needs to be aware of all items of interest regarding departmental operation.
- Training: Train Injection Molding Personnel. Stakeholders need efficient performance and employees need opportunities to succeed and advance.
- Employee Evaluation: Perform regular employee evaluations to celebrate success and identify opportunities for improvement (per yearly plan or as needed). Use this vehicle to set goals and objectives. Molding personnel need targets/objectives to maintain continuous performance improvement.
- Search for new & better way: Research on alternative technologies for improvement (better products with reduced material and cycle times). Establish training and implementation plan for SMED process for each change over.
- Lead and participate in scrap reduction teams.
- 3-5 years previous Supervision
- 3-5 years injection molding experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College degree preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact with hourly employees and management.
- General understanding of general business practices.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks on time in a changing environment.
- Ability to perform production analysis using Microsoft software; Word, Excel etc.