CMM Programmer & Calibration
Location: Lighting Test Lab
Report To: Test Lab Manager/Supervisor
Type of Position: Full-time
Support the Testing Lab, specifically measurement and calibration functions, which is responsible for completing product and equipment confirmation per Internal, Customer, and Regulatory requirements. This includes interpreting equipment, product, and jig specifications and/or drawings to determine calibration and measurement requirements to insure acceptance or failure to the specifications and completing official lab reports as needed. Insure proper calibration and operational conditions for equipment throughout SL-TN Lighting Division. Conduct production and laboratory audits to insure proper calibration, operation, and identification of all equipment used to confirm product quality
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Follow all procedures and work instructions within the Measurement / Environmental / Photometry / Vibration Laboratory
2. Maintain proper level of organization and cleanliness required (5S Program) for laboratory facilities and equipment
3. Reading drawings and other technical documents to determine and/or interpret GDT requirements for parts and products.
4. Use of various measurement tools including but not limited to CMM, micrometers, and measurement calipers to evaluate part and product dimensional attributes against drawing and CAD layouts.
5. Collection and reporting of PPAP dimensional data
6. Maintaining and auditing gauge and equipment calibration and certification
7. Root cause analysis of dimensional issues
8. Maintain Gagetrak records for all equipment used to confirm product quality. This includes equipment identification, calibration, tracking, monitoring, and as needed repair.
9. Insure that all appropriate documentation is stored and accessible to support Gagetrak and other records indicating the proper setup, usage, calibration, and maintenance of equipment used to confirm product quality.
10. Understand a wide variety of equipment manuals to be able to insure the proper maintenance, calibration, and operation of equipment used to confirm product quality.
11. As needed assist in other laboratory activities as described in Lab Technician, Photometric Technician, and Quality Department job descriptions.
1. Prefer 2 years or more experience in reliability & environmental testing for products & components
2. Up to 5 years of experience in Manufacturing / Quality or associates or better with (>0~5) years of applicable experience
3. Standard office equipment, software, and lab equipment specifically CMM operation and CAD interpretation.
1) High School Diploma
2) Prefer minimum 2 years of college education or associates
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1) Understand the importance of quality and have worked in a quality oriented environment with experience using sophisticated equipment.
2) Basic understanding of technical documents such as dimensional drawings, technical specifications, and equipment manuals
3) Good comprehension and technical skills, good mechanical skills, good communication skills, basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
4) Understanding of CAD/CAM software and how to use CMM
5) CMM Programmer Only – Must have thorough understanding of PCDMIS including CMM operation and Programing
6) Ability to read and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
7) Test, measure and calibration equipment knowledge
8) Read/write English
9) Able to work under time pressure