Coating-Metalizing Process Engineer
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Lighting Office
Report To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
- To provide technical support with new project part design, troubleshoot production problems, debug production metalizing & masking start-ups
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Development and Debug of fixtures and machines for new product launch.
- Troubleshoot production problems
- Change fixtures, based on the production need
- Provide support to the preproduction areas
- Make electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic repairs to the machines
- Create action plans for corrective actions due to customer complaints
- Preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance for the machines in the metalizing area
- Preventive and corrective maintenance to the carriers
- Respond to any contingency due to substances in the area
- All those activities generated as a result of changes, requirements and/or improvement in the process of the applicable area
- Previous technical experience or training with vacuum metalizing, sputterinq or liquid spay application equipment.
- 3 years experience in a light industrial manufacturing environment.
- Some College or technical training.
- Prefer 6 sigma green belt
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Quality and environmental systems
- Handling of chemicals and hazardous residues
- Emergency program
- Air emissions
- Problem solving techniques
- Communication techniques
- Quality criteria
- Basic knowledge of mechanics
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Basic knowledge of electricity
- Basic knowledge of pneumatics
- Pressure and vacuum Pumps
- Corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance
- Knowledge of air handling and filter systems.
- Experience with various facets of paint applications.