Department: Human Resources
Location: SL Tennessee
Report To: Human Resources Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
The EH&S Coordinator will act as a direct representative of the Human Resources team and perform a full spectrum of environmental health and safety services including but not limited to inspecting work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with company, state, and federal safety policies and regulations. Responsibilities also include documenting safety inspections, citing dangerous areas/procedures and recommending corrective procedures, and maintaining safety equipment supplies and availability. The successful candidate will have a minimum have knowledge of commonly-used safety concepts, practices, and procedures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
2. Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a
3. common and effective approach;
4. Responsible for assisting in the identification of possible safety risks; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure;
5. Developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent safety risks and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
6. Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with SL Tennessee policies and safety requirements.
7. Maintain and update as needed procedures for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
8. Perform and contribute to the Site Training Plans by conducting employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs for the Operation.
9. Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements;
10. Maintain the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
11. Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process.
12. Lead the Safety Committee for the Operation.
13. Maintains EHS files and assists in compliance tracking and record keeping requirements.
14. Reviews accidents and incidents. Provides documentation, classifies incidents, and reports and manages corrective actions. Drives efforts to identify the root cause of the accident or incident.
15. Coordinates regulatory programs and application to support compliance, such as monitoring air quality and noise levels. Coordinates inspections by regulatory agencies and ensures any deficiencies are addressed in the required time frame.
16. Ensures employees, contractors and visitors follow safe work practices.
17. Maintains the OSHA 300 log
18. Coordinates with the workers comp carrier
19. Ensures required safety-related training that is either general or group-specific is performed.
20. Oversees the Worker’s Compensation program. Ensures the injured worker receives reasonable and necessary medical care. Contacts third parties involved in claim processing and provides documentation as needed. Reviews status reports. Executes related policies and procedures.
21. SL Tennessee lead for IATF/ISO environmental and safety regulations
22. Other duties as assigned
1. Minimum of five years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role in a manufacturing environment.
2. Intermediate computer skills (e.g. MS Office including Excel and Word) are essential.
3. Excellent written and verbal skills
4. Forklift experience highly preferred
5. OSHA 10-hour or 30-hour certification in General Industry preferred
6. First-Aid/CPR certification preferred
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1. Team player and able to build and maintain both internal and external relationships.
2. Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
4. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
5. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to coordinate multiple priorities at the same time
7. Strong communication skills