Injection Molding Process Engineer
Report To: Assistant Molding Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
1) Provides leadership to the injection molding department in all aspects of equipment and process setups, training, and launch of new programs, and lean manufacturing.
2) Communicate and work with engineering on new tools, equipment, and engineering changes.
3) Leads Kaizen activities, manages and supports LEAN production system.
4) Process standardization.
5) Troubleshoot process issues.
6) Develop and Implement SMED procedures.
7) Develop and Implement startup procedures.
8) Directly supervises mold technicians. Responsible for training and improving skill set.
9) Manage MES and KPI metrics.
10) Facilitates continuous improvements on the shop floor.
11) Responsible for overall efficiency. (OEE)
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1) Responsible for developing processing standards for existing and new products.
2) Performs trouble shooting of molding processes and problems related to quality issues including dimensional issues, flash, short shots, burns, flow marks, bubbles, and secondary operations including robotics, automation, trimming, and equipment.
3) Develop standards to optimize efficiency, reduce scrap, and profitability.
4) Develop procedure and process standardization across multiple shifts
5) Work closely with management, and technicians to improve changeover times while reducing cycle times without sacrificing part quality.
6) Determine root cause analysis and implement corrective actions.
7) Works in a fast paced environment with constant interaction with supervisors, technicians, and operators.
8) Tracks, charts, and determines corrective actions based on data related to productivity, scrap, SMED, OEE, quality, safety, and cost.
9) Other duties as required.
1) Previous experience injection molding process engineer
2) Knowledge of injection molding equipment and various types of resins
Engineering degree or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Injection molding technical knowledge
2) Good analytical ability for short and long term planning.
3) Familiarity with ISO/TS16949 standards
4) Ability to perform complex task
5) Ability to use Microsoft software; Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.