Location: SL Tennessee
Report To: Materials Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
Direct purchasing planning activities related to new development programs and local key partner suppliers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1) Direct strategy for new program component and raw materials purchases to ensure commercial and quality requirements are met in coordination with Launch, Quality, and Materials teams.
2) Manage local (Group C) supplier commercial contracts on an ongoing basis and liaise with Global and Regional Purchasing groups to maximize supplied material value.
3) Determine Make v Buy for local strategic suppliers in coordination with Launch, Regional Purchasing, and Costing groups.
4) Manage cost model for local strategic suppliers and liaise with costing team to establish quotes to meet customer RFQs.
5) TN lighting plant MRP system (SAP) setup and maintenance in coordination with Purchasing, Materials, Warehouse, and Costing teams.
1) 3-5 years’ experience in materials or purchasing required
2) Purchasing experience in automotive preferred
1) College degree required
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1) Ability to use various Microsoft based programs and or ERP programs (including SAP)
2) Excellent interpersonal skills.
3) Ability to analyze complex data.
4) Ability to work with various disciplines
5) Strong communication skills.
6) Travel-Required as need for supplier sourcing activities
7) Knowledge of AIAG standards
8) In depth knowledge of injection molding, tooling, stamping, PCB manufacture, LED manufacture, wire harness, and plastic decorating.