Location: Lighting Office
Report To: Quality Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
- To provide Quality Engineering support to SL Tennessee Lighting
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility is to provide dimensional support to the plant.
- Develop and /or revision of PPAP documentation
- Supplier development activities (As needed).
- First point of contact for customers.
- Primary Corrective and Preventive Action generator.
- Develop and /or revise TS16949 procedures and work instructions for quality.
- Root Cause Analysis of quality issues.
- Any other responsibilities assign by the Quality Manager.
- Under the guidance of the Launch Coordinator, make preparations for the launch of new platform programs.
- Track the progress of newly launched platform
- programs and lead the effort in securing customer specific awards
- The principle goals of this position are to prevent/eliminate defects, increase customer satisfaction and achieve cost savings through Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) techniques.
- Assigned to cross-functional team.
- Prepare or assist in the development of quality documents that include PPAP submissions, PCPs, FMEAs, Flow charts , statistical studies, gage studies
- Evaluation of statistical data: Cp, CpK
- Initiate and follow-up corrective actions
- Analysis of customer complains
- Prepare and carry out presentations to the customer
- Evaluate the quality of the product in customers’ locations
- Coordinate the sorting and containment of the faulty or suspicious finished product
- Communicate potential problems to these involved
- Establish the acceptance criteria for cosmetic matters
- Begin validation of the equipment, MSA studies
- Participation in the production of quality system documents
- Support the assembly processes in the points related to quality
- Assure follow-up to the quality procedures
- Follow-up corrective actions
- Evaluation and approval of engineering and PCR changes
- Elaboration of quality metrics for managerial review
- Supervise and evaluate the activities of auditors
- Feedback to the internal and external customer
- Receive notifications of the results of the laboratory tests
- Comply with the procedures and instructions of the quality and environment standards (those applicable)
- Provide support and training to the personnel under his charge, as required
- All those activities that are generated due to changes, necessity and/or improvement in the process of the Area
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, with a strong background in quality.
- Previous Quality Engineering experience required, preferably in an automotive environment.
- High School Diploma
- College degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience and training.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel to the customers and suppliers locations and other SL Facilities
- Familiar with ISO 9000 and QS 9000/TS16949 requirements.
- Ability to develop and/or revise PPAP documentation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of Control Plans
- Quality Standard system
- Quality and environmental systems
- English 70% (written and spoken)
- Handling of computational packages (MS OFFICE)
- Problem solving techniques (QRQC)
- Quality and environmental procedures and/or instructions of the area
- Applied statistics
- Managing meetings
- Structuring and production of procedures
- Communication and feedback techniques
- Human Relations
- Service and attention to the customer
- Quality criteria