SMD Process Engineer
Report To:SMD Assistant Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
- To provide Engineering support to SL Tennessee focusing on SMD Line robustness, prevention of customer returns, error proofing, and scrap reduction.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform engineering activities including but not limited to design, reliability and functions
- Ability of related manufactured parts and components.
- Supplier development activities.
- Primary contact with customer design engineers.
- Manage activities related to new part introduction including EWO.
- Work with production facility to determine Root Cause Analysis of quality issues.
- Assist in PPAP effort between SL Korea, SL Detroit, SL Clinton and supply base.
- Development of the FTY (First Time Yield)
- Design, development and control of process instructions
- Design, development and control of visual aids
- Design, development of fixtures, hand assist tools, work station
- Design and validation of fixtures
- Develop the line layout focusing on ergonomics, throughput, downtime, and maintenance
- Balancing of lines due to change in requirements, using TPS tools
- Organize the tests and validations on the line through release into production
- Control of SPC in the line, stations must be repeatable
- Design of the workstation layout
- Maintenance of PFMEA’s and Flow Charts
- Provide support to the line in problem solving
- Organize the required rework activities
- Provide support in project coordination activities
- Provide support and training to employees during launch and ramp up phases
- Machine(facility) investment and installation
- 5 years or more experience in an engineering environment, with a strong background in
- Mechanical electrical engineering focus on automotive, lighting supplier experience is preferred
- Previous Engineering experience required, preferably in an automotive environment
- High School Diploma
- College degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience and training.
- 5 Years or more experience in an engineering environment, with a strong background in SMD engineering focus on automotive, electronical supplier experience is preferred
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel to the customers and suppliers locations and other SL facilities.
- Ability to use various automotive design systems.
- Ability to develop and /or revise PPAP documentation.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to analysis and understand SMD Process
- Ability to use and understand Electronic PQR Process
- Ability to use and understand CAD drawing systems
- Ability to use and understand Allegro, APR systems
- Ability to read and understand IPC-A-610 Standard
- Ability to analysis and understand Electronic Circuit
- Ability to develop and /or revise APQP documentation
- Ability to read and understand QSB Process
- Ability to read and understand IATF Process
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and displays a positive attitude