Supplier Quality Engineer
Location: SL Tennessee
Report To: SQE Assistant Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
1) To provide supplier development & process support to suppliers
2) Ensure supplied component adherence to design requirements
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1) Perform supplier audit activities including but not limited to design, reliability and functions of related manufactured parts and components.
2) Supplier development activities.
3) Participate in supplier evaluation meeting.
4) Reduce supplier PPM
5) Organize activities related to new part introduction including EWO.
6) Work with production facility to determine Root Cause Analysis of quality issues.
7) Maintain 100% on time PPAP submissions between SL TN and supply base.
1) 1-3 years’ experience in an materials environment preferred but not required,
2) Previous Engineering experience desired, preferably in an automotive environment
1) High School Diploma
2) College degree in a technical field, or equivalent experience and training
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1) Ability to use various Microsoft based programs and or ERP programs
2) Excellent interpersonal skills.
3) Ability to analyze complex data.
4) Ability to work with various disciplines
5) Strong communication skills.
6) Knowledge of AIAG standards
7) Ability to read and understand technical drawings
8) Travel-Required as need for supplier compliance requirements.