Talent Acquisition Specialist
Location: SL Tennessee
Report To: HR Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
1) The Talent Acquisition Specialist position is responsible for timely sourcing of production related positions to ensure the efficient operation of SL Tennessee operations
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1) Source candidates through targeted events such as career fairs, state Career Centers, networking, etc.
2) Develop effective relationships with local agencies and trade schools to support recruiting efforts.
3) Manage I-9, new hire paperwork, and E-Verify processes
4) Oversee internal job postings within the company
5) Assist with job postings on job boards, social media and other possible channels.
6) Track and manage requisitions and candidates.
7) Conduct interviews for a wide variety of production, quality, and warehouse positions
8) Reviews applicants and pre-screens applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and position.
9) Work directly with candidates during the selection, screening and onboarding process.
10) Supports the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
11) Provides data entry support on behalf of the department.
12) Participates in orientation for new employees, fostering positive attitude toward Company.
13) Maintains metrics data on recruitment activities, applicant flow, interviews, hires, transfers, terminations, and days to fill on a daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis.
14) Maintains current knowledge of business, marketplace, legal and recruitment trends and requirements
15) Participates in cross-functional teams and projects
16) Promotes diversity and inclusion, and an equitable work environment for all employees
17) Other duties as assigned
1) 2+ years manufacturing recruiting
2) 1-2 years’ experience in Human Resources in a manufacturing environment preferred
1) High School Diploma required
2) Associates’ Degree preferred
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
1) Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills
2) Proficiency in MS Office
3) Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in the organization
4) Strong work ethic and motivation to achieve results and meet goals and deadlines
5) Excellent presentation skills, phone and computer skills.
6) Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships with candidates and hiring managers.
7) Proven skills in direct sourcing, web-mining, networking and database searching.
8) Ability to multi-task, prioritize and function in a high volume and fast paced environment.
9) High sense of urgency to respond quickly to candidates and clients
10) Able to work in team environment