Tool & Die Repair – 2nd Shift
Report To: Tooling Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
- Maintain molds for production readiness to meet quality and legal standards.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain mirror polish of molds for proper light output
- Maintenance of molds for proper working condition
- Keep supplies ordered and spare part inventory to date
- Perform incoming inspection of new molds
- Identification of molds per customer requirements
- Support outsourced molds to maintain legal requirements
- Support purchasing with negotiation costs with local mold/machine shops
- Place purchase orders for tool room
- Enters mold repair and preventive maintenance data into M.E.S.
- Clean and maintain work area per 5S standards
- Support interviewing process
- other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mold & die repair or other tooling discipline.
- Display technical competence to perform required procedures
- Experience operating machining equipment (lathe, milling, drill, grinder, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of polishing
- High School education or equivalent required. Prefer 4 year technical/degree
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read prints to make repairs to molds.
- Ability to schedule work load for tool room workers
- Insures molds operate correctly to support pre-production.
- Very Good problem solving skills
- Ability to resolve potential problems