Support Production to achieve production requirements, promote compliance with quality standards and operational procedures.
– The primary responsibility is to assist Production Supervisor in daily production activities.
– Lead line leaders to meet daily production goals.
– Assist Production Supervisor in leading Line Leaders to review previous day issues with operators.
– Verify training level of operators, and assist coordinating training of operators.
– Monitor production on assigned lines, report any maintenance or quality related issues to Assistant Manager/Supervisor.
– Participate in problem solving teams
– Complete assigned paperwork for daily production reporting.
– Ensure operator compliance with 5S, standard work, safety and quality standards and procedures.
– Perform duties as stated on Group Leader Activities check sheet.
– Assist Supervisors to review defects and rejects on lines during production.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Provide support and training to Line Leads in their operations
– Insure the supply of material for the area and provide support and training to Material Handlers in their operations.
– Insure compliance with the quality requirements and criteria, escalate according to posted escalation process
– Insure compliance of the area’s procedures
– Compliance with the quality and environment standards procedures and instructions (those applicable)
– Fulfill the requirements of the production schedule
– Provide feedback to the next shift
– Assist the supervisor by performing the required activities in his absence
– All those activities generated as a result of changes, requirements and/or improvement in the process of the applicable area
– Minimum 1 year in position automotive component manufacturing
– High School education or equivalent required.
– Good oral and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Quality and environmental systems
– Handling of chemical substances and hazardous residues
– Knowledge about Lean Manufacturing and its tools
– Waste Identification
– Emergency program
– Problem solving techniques
– Training in the work area
– Internal work regulations
– Quality and environmental procedures and instructions of assigned area
– Continuous improvement programs
– Participate in Kaizen and other improvement activities