The principle goals of this position are to prevent/eliminate defects, increase customer satisfaction and achieve cost savings through Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) techniques.
Roles and Responsibilities
– APQP techniques
– Develop and /or revision of PPAP documentation
– First point of contact for customers.
– Primary Corrective and Preventive Action generator.
– Develop and /or revise TS16949 procedures and work instructions for quality.
– Root Cause Analysis of quality issues.
– Familiar with ISO 9000 and QS 9000/TS16949 requirements.
– Under the guidance of the Launch Coordinator, make preparations for the launch of new platform programs.
– Track the progress of newly launched platform
– Prepare or assist in the development of quality documents that include PPAP submissions, PCPs, FMEAs,
– Flow charts, statistical studies, gage studies
– Evaluation of statistical data: Cp, CpK
– Initiate and follow-up corrective actions
– Prepare and carry out presentations to the customer
– Evaluate the quality of the product in customers’ locations
– Coordinate the sorting and containment of the faulty or suspicious finished product
– Communicate potential problems to these involved
– Establish the acceptance criteria for cosmetic matters
– Begin validation of the equipment, MSA studies
– Participation in the production of quality system documents
– Support the assembly processes in the points related to quality
– Assure follow-up to the quality procedures
– Evaluation and approval of engineering and PCR changes
– Elaboration of quality metrics for managerial review
– Supervise and evaluate the activities of auditors
– Feedback to the internal and external customer
– Receive notifications of the results of the laboratory tests
– Comply with the procedures and instructions of the quality and environment standards (those applicable)
– Provide support and training to the personnel under his/her charge, as required
-3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, with a strong background in quality.
– Previous Quality Engineering experience required, preferably in an automotive environment.
– Excellent problem solving skills.
– Ability to travel to the customers and suppliers’ locations and other SL Facilities