Quality Lab Technician
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager. He/She will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward. The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable- top notch products.
– Perform photometry per FMVSS108, CMVSS, ECE Regulatory testing with required test specifications.
– Understand a wide variety of government and customer test specifications (SAE, FMVSS 108, GM, Ford, etc.…)
– Maintain proper level of organization and cleanliness required (6S program) for laboratory facilities and equipment.
– Complete product testing and confirmation based on work orders and periodic evaluation schedules.
– Identify test samples with test and tracking information and locate to designated area.
– Performs troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of test equipment.
– Assists in root cause analysis and validation performance
– Confirm testing requirements
– Receive parts
– Scheduling of tests and equipment PM.
– Collection of data / results from tests performed.
– Issuing test paperwork (Photos, test packet updates, test report creation, etc.)
– Creating product reference material.
– Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
– In depth knowledge of QHSE Systems, preventative measures and laboratory best practices
– Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
– Ability to work autonomously and under pressure