Tool & Die Tech
As a Tool & Die Tech you will be tasked with maintaining molds for production readiness that will meet quality and legal standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Maintain mirror polish of molds for proper light output
– Maintenance of molds for proper working condition
– Keep supplies ordered and spare part inventory to date
– Perform incoming inspection of new molds
– Identification of molds per customer requirements
– Support outsourced molds to maintain legal requirements
– Support purchasing with negotiation costs with local mold/machine shops
– Place purchase orders for tool room
– Enters mold repair and preventive maintenance data into M.E.S.
– Clean and maintain work area per 5S standards
– Support interviewing process
– Other duties as assigned
– Minimum 5 years’ experience in mold & die repair or other tooling discipline.
– Display technical competence to perform required procedures
– Experience operating machining equipment (lathe, milling, drill, grinder, etc.
– Excellent knowledge of polishing
High School education or equivalent required. Prefer 4 year technical/degree
Skills and Abilities
– Ability to read prints to make repairs to molds.
– Ability to schedule work load for tool room workers
– Insures molds operate correctly to support pre-production.
– Very Good problem solving skills
– Ability to resolve potential problems