Location: Molding area
Report To: Molding Assistant Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
Supervise the molding department resources, schedules, & equipment
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise employees
- Participate in the analysis of product rejections
- Assure completion of the production schedule
- Provide support and training to the employees.
- Participate in problem solving teams
- Insure the quality of the product, by monitoring the compliance of the quality requirements and criteria
- Supervise compliance with the area’s procedures and instructions
- Monitor the reliability of the processes
- Participate in the responses to customer complaints
- Supervise and provide corrective actions for the production performance indicators using fast response
- Implement continuous improvement programs in the production area
- Utilize business systems for decision making and ensure accuracy.
- Implement inventory and scrap reduction projects. Participate in TFT activities and report out.
- Comply with the quality and environment standards procedures and instructions (those applicable)
- All those activity’s generated as a result of changes, requirements and/or improvement in the process of the applicable area
- Identify safety risks and concerns
- Act on any safety risks and concerns that could cause harm to employees
- Verify all paperwork and MES data are correct
- Follow escalation policy
- Verify employees payroll
- Provide Employee evaluation/reviews
- Perform any disciplinary corrective actions to employees or incident reports as required.
- Report out daily production requirements to production team and follow up all priorities
- Verify inventory cycle counts.
- Verify sorts are completed and all documentation is properly filled out.
- Verify Non-Conforming is disposition
- Ability to identify process improvements for daily KPI
- Follow up on all employees abilities
- Verify all SPC, purge, dip Test and secondary requirements are completed and within spec.
- Work with other departments as needed to ensure customer requirements are met
- Verify all check sheets are completed within all areas of the department
- Ensure operator compliance with 6S, standard work, safety and quality standards and procedures
- Treat employees with respect to increase productivity
- 2-3 year supervisory experience in automotive environment.
- Prefer College Degree advanced degree desirable
- Prefer 6 sigma green belt minimum
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with hourly employees and management
- Basic understanding of sound inventory practices
- Ability to complete assigned projects on time in a changing environment
- Demonstrate good ethical characteristics and behaviors
- Ability to perform tasks using Microsoft software; Word, Excel etc.
- Basic Applied statistics
- Quality and environmental systems
- Handling of chemical substances and hazardous residues
- Control of spilled substances
- Handling of equipment against fire
- Knowledge about Lean Manufacturing and its tools
- Problem solving techniques
- Leadership skills, communication, human relations
- Legal aspects
- Internal work regulations
- Basic process tools : PFMA’s and PCP’s
- Quality criteria
- Quality and environmental procedures and instructions of the area Continuous improvement programs